Eames® Lounge Chair and Ottoman
Designed by Charles and Ray Eames for Herman Miller®
Famously described as “a special refuge from the strains of modern living,” the Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman is one of the most significant designs of the 20th century. Unparalleled craftsmanship and rigorous attention to detail made it a fixture in homes across the world.
Like all classics, the chair and ottoman get better with age, in part because of how they are made. From the innovative hardware that fastens the cushions to the shell without marring the appearance of the wood to the fact that each piece continues to be assembled by hand, the combination of craft and manufacturing consistency results in pieces that are genuinely authentic.
Designer and Original Production Date
Charles and Ray Eames, 1956
Lounge Chair Classic Size
- Width: 33.5"
- Depth: 35"
- Height: 31.5"
- Seat Height: 16"
Lounge Chair Tall Size
- Width: 33.5"
- Depth: 37.75"
- Height: 33.25"
- Seat Height: 16.5"
- Width: 26"
- Depth: 20.75"
- Height: 17.25"
- Molded shells are 7-ply veneers (Molded plywood technology)
- 6" thick foam cushions
- 5-star black-enameled base with polished aluminum trim
SHELL AND UPHOLSTERY OPTIONS
- Oiled Walnut
- Santos Palisander
- Oiled Palisander
- White Ash
- White Oak
- Ebonized Ash
- Leather (100% leather)
- MCL Leather (100% full-grain leather)
- Supreme Mohair (100% mohair)
- Flamiber (33% acrylic, 30% wool, 29% cotton, 7% polyester, 1% viscose)
- Ships assembled
- Chair and ottoman have adjustable glides (1/2" stem)
- Chair and ottoman can be sold separately
- Cushions are individually upholstered and replaceable
- Chair set on a swivel-base
- Assembled by hand in Michigan, US
- 30% recycled content; 43% recyclable
- 5-year warranty
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries.
Herman Miller® Authorized Retailer.