Et cetera Bookcase
Et cetera Bookcase
Et Cetera is a vertically-constructed program that incorporates compilations of side panels, shelves, back panels and fronts. At its essence it is a range of shelving, but is further enriched by the additional functions of an occasional unit: storage (opaque or glass doors, shelves, drawers), audio-visual equipment and lighting.
The name Et Cetera suggests its dimensional possibilities: one can always add to its height (the highest standard side panel is 105 1/4'' - 2676 mm can be extended by an additional 118'' - 3 metres) or width, with the opportunity to tailor it perfectly to your particular space.
Et Cetera's elegance stems from rigorous aesthetic choices, as much in terms of its dimensions as its finishes:
- Clarity of compositions is facilitated by the subtle use of a network of single modules of 7'' - 175 mm.
- Lightness of the overall structure is a result of the thickness of 1 1/4'' - 30 mm chosen for the side panels and shelves: the perfect compromise between the reassuring thickness necessary and the desired visual lightness.
- A uniform depth of 15'' - 382 mm is made possible by the reduction in depth of audio-visual equipment. This allows the creation of a product that blends more easily into the required space as it has shallow and ‘smooth' surface.
- The finesse of the grooved hinged doors, as well as the pull-up and flap doors, comes from the almost negligible volume (around 1/4'' - 6 mm) that overlaps the edges of the structure. Their elegant minimalist effect is emphasized by their handle-free, ‘push to open' operation.
- The originality of the storage surface is primarily due to the open niches offered in a range of widths. They are both playful and functional at once and create an interesting grid-like appearance through a play on linear repetition.
- The lightness of the piece is accentuated by the choice of finishes it is offered in. Et Cetera's structure is always satin lacquered, in a choice of white, argile, or elephant. Fronts are either lacquered or enriched with oak veneer offered in natural or black. The oak is also offered in 2 different looks: smooth-grained or sawn-effect.
A special double-sided shelving unit is also available which, unlike the rest of the range of items, may be used as a room divider. This shelving unit is available with a size of 10M 12T (centre to centre distance: H 69'' - 1750 mm W 82 3/4'' - 2100 mm; actual dimensions: H 71 3/4'' - 1800 mm W 83 3/4'' - 2130 mm) and offers 5 levels of storage with either U-shaped lacquered niches or blocks of chests finished in smooth oak veneer.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical information.
Designed by Pagnon & Pelhaitre
Made in France