Oblique Floor Lamp
Designed by Vincent Van Duysen
Designer Vincent Van Duysen reinterprets his Oblique table light into a floor lamp.
Launched in 2020, the table lamp created a new way of diffusing and enjoying light, provided by innovative, Flos-developed technology. While traditional reading lamps require a tilted head to spotlight a focused area, Oblique is engineered with a combination of LEDs and lenses that requires only a small amount of space to produce an extremely bright beam of light that falls “obliquely” from the head of the lamp onto the lit surface.
The resulting beam is powerful and controlled yet asymmetrical, ideal for illuminating a work area or your favourite novel.
- An integrated USB-C port charger in the base charges additional devices.
- Round flat head for minimal visual intrusion with a 355° rotatable stem
- A patented ultra-flat lens with very high efficiency of 97%
- 2700k version: 8W, 750lm, CRI 90
- 3000k version: 8W, 800lm, CRI 90
- 4000k version: 8W, 850lm, CRI 90
Inspiration behind the design: "The starting point for the design process of Oblique was a completely new technology developed by Flos. An ingenious combination of LEDs and lenses that only need a thin amount of space to produce an extremely bright and bundled beam of light that falls ‘obliquely’ from the luminaire head onto the table. I designed this luminaire around this core." - Vincent Van Duysen