Ludwig Mies van der Rohe 1930
Designed in 1930, the Barcelona Couch shares the same simple elegance as the iconic lounge chair of the same name. Mies van der Rohe's command of line and material in all medium, from architecture to furniture, helped define the modern vocabulary.
Construction and Details
- 72 individual panels are cut, hand-welted and hand-tufted with leather and buttons produced from a single cowhide
- Cushions are premium quality, fire retardant, high-resiliency urethane foam with down-like dacron polyester fiberfill
- Upholstery straps are cowhide belting leather. Sides are dyed to match specified upholstery color. 17 straps are stretched over a rubber webbing for cushion support
- Bolster in matching leather is secured to cushion platform with straps and lock snaps
- Legs are polished tubular stainless steel
- Platform is a Sapele Mahogany from Africa, finished with a protective clear lacquer
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe are stamped into each piece
- Certified Clean Air GOLD
Seat Height: 15 ¼"