Eames® Molded Plywood Lounge Chair Wood Base (DCW)
Designed by Charles and Ray Eames, produced by Herman Miller®
The Eames' experiments with molding plywood into organic forms yielded this design icon. When Time named this chair the Best Design of the 20th Century, the editors described it as “something elegant, light, and comfortable. Much copied, but never bettered.”
Designer and Original Production Date
Charles and Ray Eames, 1946
- Width: 22"
- Depth: 25.25"
- Height: 26.25"
- Seat Height: 16.5"
- Natural face veneer
- Hardwood inner plies
- 5-ply seat and back
- 8-ply legs
- Red stain (on birch veneer)
- White ash
- Ebony (stain on ash veneer)
- Santos palisander
- Ships assembled
- 5 year warranty
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Dust regularly with a slightly damp, soft, lint-free cloth. Wipe dry with a dry, soft cloth in the direction of the wood grain.
- Spills should be immediately wiped up with a damp cloth.
- Monthly: Clean the surface with a soft cloth dampened with a quality cleaner formulated for wood furniture. Wipe the surface in the direction of the wood grain to remove dirt and fingerprints. Wipe dry with a clean, dry cloth.
Email info@alteriors for additional finish options.
Herman Miller® Authorized Retailer.