Eames® Molded Plastic Side Chair Wire Base
Designed by Charles and Ray Eames for Herman Miller®
Modern Living — In the 1950s, the Eames molded shell changed everything about what a chair could be - sculptural, practical, mass-produced. Now in recyclable polypropylene, this staple of modern living fits every body and any space.
Charles and Ray Eames adapted molding techniques developed during World War II to produce their classic shell chair’s simple, gracious form. In 2001, continuing the Eames’ design ethos of continual, iterative advancements, Herman Miller reintroduced the original Eames Molded Shell Chair (1950) in a durable, 100 percent recyclable polypropylene. In 2022, we’ve enhanced it once more by crafting select recycled chairs with 100 percent post-industrial recycled plastic. The subtle matte texture of the re-engineered plastic shell maintains the soft tactility of the original design, available in your choice of vintage and contemporary colours, with three leg materials and styles and levelling floor glides.
- This is an authentic Herman Miller Eames Molded Shell Chair, verified by an authenticity certificate included in every order.
- A simple, beautiful, classic form that looks great in any setting.
- Comfortable waterfall seat edge reduces pressure on thighs.
- Recycled chairs are made with 100% post-industrial recycled plastic.
- Available in 2 million configurations, with an extensive range of shell, base, colour, upholstery, and finish options.
Eco-Friendly Description: Indoor Advantage Gold Certified - Indoor Advantage Gold certification is SCS Global Services’ highest level of indoor air quality performance for furniture. The certification assures that furniture products support a healthy indoor environment by meeting strict chemical emission limits for volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Family-Friendly Description: Round edges and low maintenance material
Designer and Original Production Date
Charles and Ray Eames, 1950
Molded Plastic Side Chair (nonupholstered shell):
Seat Height: 17.32"
- Injection-molded batch-dyed shell made with post-industrial recycled plastic
- Chromed steel or powder-coated steel
- Ships assembled
- 5-year warranty
Care & Maintenance
With regular care and maintenance, your Herman Miller product will provide many years of superior performance and satisfaction. To maintain quality, please follow the cleaning procedures outlined here.
The instructions for the care and maintenance of Herman Miller products are provided to you as a service. No warranty is implied since results may vary.
Care and Maintenance
For any inquiries please contact us at email@example.com
Herman Miller® Authorized Retailer.