Four Seasons Barstool 15%
Four Seasons Barstool
Designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, 1958
Originally created for the Four Seasons Restaurant at the Seagram Building in New York, this design is believed to be a collaborative effort between Mies, who designed the building, and Phillip Johnson, who designed the restaurant. The cantilevered frame and lean profile complement the Flat Bar Brno Chair, which was specified throughout the restaurant.
In 2006 Knoll brought the design into mass production for the first time ever, and in 2018 added an antique bronze finish option in celebration of the company's 80th anniversary.
CONSTRUCTION AND DETAILS
- Seat upholstered over a foam cushion reinforced with a plywood form
- Stitching detail is found on the rear left hand corner of the stool
- Frame is bent steel with chrome or antique bronze plating
- Available in bar height only
- The KnollStudio logo and signature of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe are stamped into each piece
- Certified Clean Air GOLD