Nelson® Cube Armchair
Designed by George Nelson for Herman Miller®
The striking Nelson Cube Armchair is a study in the dichotomy of hard and soft. For his 1968 design, George Nelson paired an architecturally rigorous wood frame with soft, tufted cushions for low-key lounging. As relevant today as when it was first introduced, the Cube Armchair is a design that sits beautifully in the living room or the office.
Relaunched from the Herman Miller archives, George Nelson’s Cube Group (1968) is a classic midcentury collection that’s just as relevant today. A mix of hard and soft, Cube’s solid wood frame is paired with an inviting tufted seat neatly finished with piping for a tailored look.
- A midcentury armchair that’s ideally suited to how we live today.
- The structured, exposed wood frame envelops soft cushions.
- Beautiful tri-mitered edges make this chair attractive from all angles.
- Button-tufted cushions framed by piping for a neat, tailored appearance.
- A unique webbing structure adds plush comfort to the seat.
Designer and Original Production Date
George Nelson, 1968 (Reintroduced in 2022)
Seat Depth: 21"
Seat Height: 16"
The outer frame consists of exposed hardwood in either Oak, Walnut, or Ebony finishes. The internal frame is steel-reinforced solid hardwood. Internal cushions are high-resiliency foam. The external wood frame consists of natural hardwood.
Similar products ordered in multiples or dissimilar products ordered separately should be expected to have variation in both grain and colour characteristics; no two products will look exactly alike.
- Ships fully assembled
- 5-year warranty
Herman Miller® Authorized Retailer.