Platner Coffee Table - 36"
Designed by Warren Platner 1966
In 1966, the Platner Collection captured the "decorative, gentle, graceful" shapes that were beginning to infiltrate the modern vocabulary. The iconic coffee table, which creates a focal point in any modern living room, is created by welding hundreds of curved steel rods to circular frames, simultaneously serving as structure and ornament.
Construction and Details
- Glass: 3/8" thick; tempered glass with bevel on underside
- Marble: .75" thick; transparent polyester coating with polished or satin finish; beveled edge
- Wood: 1.06" thick; veneered medium density fiberboard with cathedral grain pattern; solid wood beveled edge. Wood tops are weighted for stability
- Base constructed of vertical steel rods welded to circular horizontal and edge-framing rods
Nickel and 18k Gold finishes are plated and polished
Metallic bronze finish is a paint
- Clear plastic extrusion ring on bottom of the base for a smooth bottom surface
- Certified Clean Air GOLD
- Diam: 36"
- Height: 15.25"