Designed by Warren Platner, 1966
In 1966 the Platner Collection captured the "decorative, gentle, graceful" shapes that were beginning to infiltrate the modern vocabulary. The pieces are created by welding hundreds of curved, nickel-plated steel rods to circular frames, simultaneously serving as structure and ornament.
Construction and Details
- Shell is molded fiberglass with molded latex foam cushion
- Base constructed of vertical steel rods welded to circular horizontal and edge-framing rods
- Nickel and 18k Gold finishes are plated and polished
- Metallic bronze finish is a paint
- Clear plastic extrusion ring on bottom of the base for a smooth bottom surface
- Certified Clean Air GOLD
Width: 15 ¼"
Height: 22 ¾"