Designed by George Nakashima, 1946
The Splay-Leg Table exemplifies George Nakashima’s talent for synthesizing traditional influences and modern simplicity. Featuring low-sheen finishes that amplify the natural grain, the table showcases Nakashima’s deference to the natural beauty of wood nature and his legendary craftsmanship.
Construction and Details
- Tabletop is constructed with Hickory veneer with reverse, slip-matched cathedral pattern and matching solid Hickory edge
- Legs, apron and edge detail are American Walnut
- Base uses Mortise and tenon joints with solid brass hardware
- Finished in a clear, low-sheen finish
- Nylon glides included
- George Nakashima’s signature is stamped on the underside of the tabletop
- Width: 37 ¾"
- Depth: 34 ¼"
- Height: 17 ½"