String Light Round Pendant
Designed by by Michael Anastassiades
A play of graceful light overhead, String Lights by Michael Anastassiades adds a streamlined sophistication to your home or office. Providing diffused light, the suspension lamp features a matte black varnished die-cast aluminum body coated with clear soft-touch varnish. The optical diffuser is opal PC (polycarbonate).
String Light Idea Guide
- Suspension system options with Kevlar reinforced coaxial cable
- Length: 12 meters (40 ft)
- Length: 22 meters (72 ft)
- New Switching Capabilities - 2 versions
- Soft Touch version: The device can be dimmed by pressing on the cable above the diffuser.
- Casambi App Control version: The appliance can be dimmed by applying pressure to the cable in the vicinity and by Bluetooth using the FLOS CONTROL application powered by CASAMBI, available for download from the online stores.
Inspiration behind the design: "Every time I take the train, I sit by the window and watch the series of perfectly parallel strings connecting the pylons, as we move at high speed,” explains designer Michael Anastassiades. “I love the way they divide the landscape and how spheres are occasionally beaded through the wires at random intervals. I also love how, in Mediterranean cultures, strings of lights are stretched between posts to mark an outdoor space for an evening party in a village square. And finally, I love how human ingenuity works around problems created by everyday things in the house (like switches and power points) that others have chosen to position where we don’t want them."